With less than a week to go, we are getting pretty antsy to get in there and make this event happen together! Thanks so much for your patience as we’ve been sorting things out behind the scenes on rather a spicy timeline!
As you know, nothing happens at our events without a massive crew of beautiful people volunteering their time, energy, and skills.
Head over to https://preheat.gvias.org/participate/ and click on VOLUNTEER! Fill out the short form BEFORE FRIDAY at 9am to let us know who you are and how you’d like to volunteer. You can absolutely select multiple teams. You’ll hear from us very soon!
Your preHEAT volunteer hours count towards pre-sale access or a directed ticket to BitF 2023! 4+ hours gains you access to the volunteer ticket pre-sale, 19+ hours earns you your own directed ticket.
- Set-up Friday aft/eve: Lend a hand where needed; assist artists, theme camps, sound stages, production team, etc. Featuring snacks & light dinner!
- Set-up Saturday morn/aft: Lend a hand where needed; assist artists, theme camps, sound stages, production team, etc. Featuring snacks & light lunch!
- Decor: Pre-event during set-up. Turn a drab box of a room into a captivating Burner wonderland. We’ll feed you!
- Volunteer Care: During set-up and/or teardown. Assisting Lauren with signing volunteers in & out, making sure other teams have enough vols, keeping vols fed & watered. We’ll feed you!
- Acculturation: What makes burners burners? Get into deep discussions about the Ten Principles with attendees, especially those folks new to the burner scene. Engage people. Spread the culture. Make buttons!
- Activities: Play! Encourage attendees to participate in giant games and crafty activities and keep those stations running smoothly.
- Art Fair: Assist our Art Fair leads with managing this Recharge-style tokens fair to support our artists in bringing their visions to fruition.
- Door/Greeters: Let the people in! Ticketing, wristbanding, and welcoming our attendees in style.
- Volunteer Hub: Be the point of contact for volunteer sign in and provide info on signing up to volunteer for BitF and other GVIAS events.
- Transport: Assisting with loading the truck at our storage locker during set up, and/or assisting with unloading the truck at storage on Sunday early aft.
- Teardown Sunday morn/aft: What goes up, must come down. I’ll bring the ibuprofen. It actually happens pretty quickly when we tackle en masse! Featuring coffee & breakfast snacks.
You’ll be working with an epic crew of other volunteers, team leads, and producers with the common goal of making this first-time unique event not only successful but a really fucking amazing party! Can’t wait to see you there.
preHEAT Volunteer Lead